THE LOST POEM



She asked me if I had got the poem, she had sent me some months ago. As fragile my mind had become with so many burdens, I had forgotten the contents of the poem, I had a hard time remembering , trying to think but then I overcame the initial inertia and realized that, o yes, she had penned down a beautiful poem for her nephew whom she loved the most in her family and I must say, her written piece of art was a masterpiece in my eyes. like she had lost it, I too had lost it because I keep formatting my phone and she too had formatted her phone, in the process losing all her notes. I could understand that what a loss of a poem meant because when you pen down a poem you are capturing the emotions that are transcending through your mind and soul, you make your feelings come alive weaving them into beautiful phrases, breathing life into your buried expressions.  And when you lose a poem, you lose a part of your heart because words once written in the past cannot be written in the present.

I texted her an heartfelt apology, to which she replied, “it’s not your mistake buddy, the fault is on my part, I should have been careful and should have kept it in a proper place”. I said, “that’s why I post every poem that I write on my blog”. She replied, “ it’s because you are intelligent”. I laughed and said, “ and I think I love you”.

To which she smiled and said, “ and I think you are pretty awesome”.

The words of the missing poem were never to be found again but in our conversations, we started gathering words. Words of friendship, words of love and words of inspiration, we inspired each other to write down some beautiful lines. We stopped mourning for the missing poem and started afresh again.

She shines like a Moon in the darkest nights

And I am the star who is twinkling in the night…

Once upon a time, two stones collided and sparks flew all over and there was fire…fire all around…

There is fire in me, there is fire in her and we shall burn to shine like the sun……………..

Comments

  1. Very well written. ..
    I especially loved wat A poem actually means...could relate

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i know...you will very well do that steffy..thank you for your appreciation....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OH WOWW GAL!!!!!!! YOU ARE A VIRGIN....LETS FALL IN LOVE...

WHEN SHE KICKED HIS BALLS FILLED WITH MALE EGO....

How to deal with Smelly people ?